Politic?

This is a blog dedicated to a personal interpretation of political news of the day. I attempt to be as knowledgeable as possible before commenting and committing my thoughts to a day's communication.

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Immigration Survey

Immigration Levels and Mix: Stakeholder and Public Consultation

About this consultation


This past July, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney, along with Parliamentary Secretaries Rick Dykstra and Chungsen Leung, launched a series of cross-country consultations on immigration issues.

As part of this process, this online consultation aims to seek your feedback on Canada’s immigration program. We are asking for your input on:

a) the right level of immigration to Canada (how many?), and;
b) the right mix between the three immigrant classes to Canada (economic, family and protected persons).


Should immigration levels be higher? Which of these areas should be a priority? If we raise levels in one of these areas, where should we take less?

A report on the consultations, including a summary of this online consultation questionnaire, will be available on the CIC website in fall 2011 or winter 2012.




Anyone who feels they have an interest in completing this survey should do so. It is an important survey; the responses may lead this government department through decisions taken by its elected head and its bureaucrats, to alter the manner in which immigration is undertaken in Canada.

I have myself made numerous attempts to fill out the survey and all have failed. Somehow, once I have reached the 30% completion mark, the survey will allow me to go no further; I am chided with the instructions to review my responses, reconsider and alter them, with the additional advisory that 'unique' responses are required. I have attempted to change my responses, I consider my explanations to be quite unique to my personal perception, but it is obvious that the brains that set up this survey have alerted it to certain key words which will be rejected. The question is: why?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

() Follow @rheytah Tweet